Jane McDonald: Cruise star ‘devastated’ as she issues apology for ‘awful’ situation

We will use your email address only for sending you newsletters. Please see our Privacy Notice for details of your data protection rights.

Jane McDonald, 57, has shared some upsetting news about her upcoming Sailaway with Jane McDonald Cruise after her tour was postponed due to the coronavirus pandemic. The singer informed fans she was “devastated” to share that Floating Festivals have had to cancel all of their cruises, including hers.

Speaking about the unfortunate situation in a statement on her website, Jane said: “I’m so sorry and upset about today’s awful announcement, which is that Floating Festivals have had to cancel all their Cruises, including Sailaway With Jane McDonald. 

“I’m devastated this has happened as I know you were all looking forward to it as much as I was. 

“I know this is especially sad and frustrating because this years Cruise had already been postponed because of Covid-19.”

Jane went on to insist the situation is “completely out of their control” and issued a heartfelt apology for any “disappointment” caused by the announcement.

READ MORE… Jane McDonald left in hysterics after her dress suffers a malfunction

She continued: “Unfortunately it’s completely out of our control. You can find details in the statement which Floating Festivals released earlier today. 

“This is as much information as they are able to give out just now and I’m sure more will follow when they are able to. 

“Things are worrying and tough enough as it is for everyone at the moment and I’m so sorry that this has led to more bad news and disappointment for some people. 

“Hopefully these trying times will pass and life will be brighter soon. Lots of love Jane,” the cruise singer concluded.  

 

Jane shared the announcement with her 157,000 Twitter followers this morning.

Fans took to the comments section of her post to share their thoughts on the sad news.

One person wrote: “Absolutely gutted that this has happened so disappointing.”

Another added: “It’s so sad to hear. Good days to everyone soon. Take care.”

DON’T MISS:
Naga Munchetty scolded by BBC bosses after sparking impartiality row [OPINION]
Stacey Solomon: Joe Swash’s girlfriend on having to give up their cars [VIDEO]
David Beckham hits back at Victoria Beckham after she mocks his photos [PICS]

A third concerned fan commented: “I’m gutted you aren’t doing the Cruising show.”

Elsewhere, former Loose Women star Jane explained earlier this month that her team had attempted to reschedule a tour date in Gateshead but they “didn’t manage to find a suitable date”.

Jane announced her show in Gateshead had been cancelled for her Let Light The Light In Tour, which is taking place next year.

She penned: “We didn’t manage to find a suitable 2021 date for The Sage in #Gateshead so the show is now cancelled (venue will refund tickets).

“However I’m pleased to announce a new date at the O2 City Hall #Newcastle for Thursday 15 July 2021.”

The TV star, who stepped down from her Cruising shows on Channel 5 earlier this year, was due to perform tour dates across the UK but all of the shows have been postponed until 2021.

Jane explained she had quit her series of TV programmes to concentrate on other endeavours such as her music and tours, alongside “exciting new projects”.

She said: “It has been a privilege to call this a ‘job’. After so many years of filming abroad I am looking forward to some much needed time in the UK and to focus on my music and tours and exciting new projects.

“Thank you Channel 5 for some great trips and many fabulous memories.”

Source: Read Full Article