Prince Harry calls coronavirus pandemic 'devastating and destructive' as he shows off new hairdo in video from new home

PRINCE Harry has spoken out about the coronavirus pandemic calling it “devastating and destructive” in a new video message from his Calfornian home. 

The Duke of Sussex, 36, who sported a new hairdo, recorded a clip for the Trailwalker Relay 2020 launch and said Covid19 has the world “pitted against a new challenge”.

⚠️ Read our Meghan and Harry blog for the latest news on the Royal couple

The 100km trek is taking place from today, to help support the Gurkha Welfare Trust and Oxfam starts today, and Prince Harry spoke to participants in a video released today.  

Speaking from what looked to be the inside of his £11million Santa Barbara mansion that he bought with Meghan Markle, he said: “With Covid19, the world has been pitted against a new challenge. 

“One that is devastating and destructive in its own right.”

He added of the charities: “The Gurkha Welfare Trust and Oxfam are working together to provide PPE (personal protective equipment), establish hand washing facilities and support public education. 


“They are rallying together in incredible difficult circumstances to help communities beat the virus and to save lives.”

The duke debuted a shorter hairstyle for the video message, after being pictured with longer locks for a message for The Walk of Oman released earlier this month.

Prince Harry then thanked people for signing up the Trailwalker Relay, which requires participants to complete 100km in their signed-up team by Sunday, while pledging to raise over £350 for the charities. 

Prince Harry added: “Thank you for stepping up for the Gurkhas, for Nepal, and all the communities affected by this pandemic. 

“Doing this relay virtually is going to make it even more difficult than it already was. 

“So, you’re going to need to dig deep, physically and emotionally to get you and your team across those 100km. I know that you can do it. 

“And with every step you take, just remember, you are helping those who need it most.” 

Prince Charles is the patron of the UK charity The Gurkha Welfare Trust, which ensures Gurkha veterans, their widows and their wider communities are able to live with dignity in their home-country of Nepal.

Prince Harry travelled to Nepal following the 2015 earthquake and said in the clip he was hearted to see that the people’s “resilience never weakened.”


This follows Prince Harry signing up to a £112million production deal with Netflix, which will see him and Meghan making documentaries, films, scripted and kids’ programmes for the platform's 193m subscribers.

They hope to make content that would inform and "give hope" to audiences.

Just days after the deal was announced, the couple confirmed they had paid back the full £2.4million spent on refurbishing their home in the UK, Frogmore Cottage.

The couple are now based in the US having moved to California with son Archie, after stepping down as senior royals in March. 

Insiders have said the commercial Netflix deal will be "scrutinised" by the Palace.

It also comes as Harry and Meghan have pulled the plug on a £1million fundraiser to be screened by Amazon.

Source: Read Full Article