After months without our favourite faux-chicken burger the plant-based imposter Burger is back on the menu from August 24.
And, in even better news, it will be stocked in 74 UK stores – with more to follow.
Previously, KFC's vegan Zero burger was only available at select outlets leading to frustration among plant-based customers.
However, it was clearly popular as it sold out during its trial run in just three days.
Starting from next Monday, you can grab the Quorn vegan "chicken" burger for £3.99 each.
The Original Recipe Vegan Burger has all the taste, crunch and succulence KFC is loved for, but completely meat-free.
The dish is made up of a bespoke Quorn fillet, coated in the Colonel’s iconic Original Recipe herbs and spices, topped with fresh iceberg lettuce, creamy vegan mayo, and housed in a soft glazed bun.
There are 450 calories in each burger.
Here at Daily Star Online we tried the burger back in January – read what our taste testers thought here.
The selected 73 KFC restaurants have been chosen in line with where the Vegan Burger was most popular, but also where it can be served responsibly in line with KFC’S safety procedures
Here’s the full list:
- Glasgow – Argyle Street
- Glasgow – Sauchiehall Street
- Northampton – Riverside Retail Park
- Hull – The Beacon
- Lincoln – High Street
- London – Kings Cross
- Camden – High Street
- Dover – Honey Wood Retail Park
- London – Southampton Row
- Brighton – London Road
- Bournemouth – The Triangle
- Margate – High Street
- Poole – Wessex Gate Retail Park
- Broadstairs – Westwood Retail Park
- Birmingham – Great Bridge Retail Pk
- Portsmouth – Pompey Centre
- Glasgow – Pollokshaws Road
- Hulme – Greenheys Lane West
- Hamilton – Palace Grounds Retail Pk
- Romford – Colchester Road
- Manchester – Ashton Retail Park
- Colliers Wood – Chapter Way
- Manchester Fort Shopping Park
- Old Kent Road
- Walsall – Junction 10 M6 Services
- Tyburn – Kingsbury Road
- London Waterloo
- Norwich – Mile Cross Lane
- Bristol – Union Street
- Leicester – Narborough Road
- Cobham Services
- Swindon – Delta Park
- Ipswich – Bury Road
- South Kensington – Gloucester Road
- Cardiff – Excelsior Road
- Cardiff – Queen Street
- Swansea – Morfa Shopping Park
Daily Star's newsletter brings you the biggest and best stories – sign up today
- Birmingham – Martineau Place
- Kidderminster – Stourport Road
- Preston – Ashton on Ribble
- Aberdeen – Union Street
- Bristol – Avonmeads Retail Park
- Derby – Foresters Leisure Park
- Wrexham – St Georges Crescent
- Nottingham – Milton Street
- Croydon – Colonnades Leisure Park
- Purley – Purley Parade
- Brighton – Western Road
- Southend – Greyhound Trading Park
- Braintree – Galleys Island
- Edinburgh – Meadowbank Retail Park
- Lancaster – Penny Street
- Sheffield – Penistone Road
- Sheffield – Barnsley Road
- Sheffield – West Street
- Coventry – Tile Hill
- Leeds – Kirkstall Road
- Aintree – Grand National Avenue
- Liverpool – Chaloner Street
- Beeston – White Rose Shopping Centre
- Wolverhampton – Penn Road Retail Park
- Sunderland – Thomsen Retail Park
- Stourbridge – St Johns Road
- Durham – City Retail Park
- Byker – Shields Road
- Gateshead – Metro Centre Blue
- Birchanger Green – M11 Services
- South Mimms – M25 Services
- Manchester Arndale
- Gorleston on Sea – High Street
- Great Yarmouth – Regent Road
- Plymouth – Marsh Mills
A KFC Spokesperson said: “Our vegan and flexitarian fans were sadly denied their favourite meat-free treat during lockdown, but now it’s back and it’s time to celebrate.
“Our kitchen teams having been working hard to adapt to the new safety measures in restaurants, but we reckon now is the right time to unleash one of our fan favourites.
“We can’t wait to reunite with our vegan friends – we’ve missed you!”
We can't wait to get our hands on one!
Maybe we'll go on a Monday to take advantage of the Eat Out to Help Out scheme.
With the 50% discount you could snap one up for £1.99.
Source: Read Full Article