Conor McGregor blew chances of Khabib rematch by leaking Dana White messages, claims angry UFC chief

CONOR MCGREGOR’S antics on social media cost him his rematch against Khabib Nurmagomedov.

Notorious was choked out by the undefeated UFC lightweight champion in 2018 on an explosive night and has fought just twice since.

One of those was his boxing defeat to Floyd Mayweather, and then he returned to the octagon to destroy Donald Cerrone in 40 seconds back in January.

That victory looked enough to have earned him a shot at Nurmagomedov, should the Dagestani star get past Justin Gaethje later this month.

UFC president Dana White was looking to relaunch reality TV show The Ultimate Fighter with both the Irishman and Nurmagomedov as opposing captains.

And he wanted that to finish with another clash between the bitter rivals next year.

However, McGregor’s decision to leak his private messages with White on social media last week led to Nurmagomedov having a change of heart.

White told Barstool Sports: “[Khabib] was gonna do it until Conor did all this s***.

“That’s what I was saying. I felt like I was in a good place and we were going to get that done.

“We were going to do The Ultimate Fighter on ESPN and f***ing do the rematch but Conor blew that.

“Yeah, Khabib said f*** him; that was it.”

It remains to be seen what is next for McGregor after he claimed he and Manny Pacquiao were due to have a boxing match in early 2021.

He then challenged Dustin Poirier to a rematch in a charity sparring match in Ireland on December 12 – which was quickly accepted.

White then stepped in to offer the pair a fight in UFC for January, six years after McGregor stopped Poirier in the first round.

White added: “He called out Poirier with Conor in Dublin for charity so we offered them both a fight.

“We offered Dustin and Conor a fight so we’re waiting to hear back from both of them.”

Source: Read Full Article