MICAH RICHARDS and Alex Scott are not expected to be part of the new revolving Soccer Saturday panel on Sky this season.
Sky’s decision to axe long-time studio guests Charlie Nicholas, Matt Le Tissier and Phil Thompson brought suggestions that Richards and Scott would be parachuted in.
But the pair have been lined up for match punditry duties rather than sitting in front of TV screens on a Saturday afternoon.
Sky chiefs have decided not to have a permanent panel alongside host Jeff Stelling, with the likes of Matt Murray and Clinton Morrison likely to appear as well as retained veteran Paul Merson.
Fans were devastated when the trio of Nicholas, Le Tissier and Thompson, who had worked for the broadcaster for almost 50 years combined, were let go.
TRANSFER NEWS LIVE: Breaking news, juicy gossip and the biggest deals
Scott Minto was then added to the cull after 13 years with the broadcaster.
But Arsenal legend Wright, 56, took to Twitter to blast viewers who said black pundits such as Richards and Scott were the reason behind the others losing their jobs last month.
The former England striker labelled the vile social media trolls "racists" with "stinking unbrushed-teeth mouths" in the video.
He said: "I've had to pull the car over – the racism is going through the roof today.
"Can someone answer me this: what does Micah Richards, Alex Scott, Sol Campbell, Clinton Morrison or any other black pundit have to do with Sky's decision to get rid of these guys?
"All because three middle-aged white guys got the sack… I kiss my teeth."
Wright added: "Why are people upset? Alex Scott, for me, is easily one of the best-prepared pundits out there. Easily.
"Micah Richards is the most exciting pundit to hit the scene in years.
"Keep their names out of your stinking unbrushed-teeth mouths."
Source: Read Full Article