Photos of 10 men wanted by police after chaos and disorder plagued England's Euro 2020 final have been released.
The Metropolitan Police have issued the images as part of an appeal to identify "those we think have questions to answer".
Wembley and other areas of London descended into violence and mayhem on the day of the final on Sunday, July 11.
Fans stormed the stadium in an attempt to boycott stewards or buying tickets to try and watch the match, and other heinous scenes were caught on camera.
The force have said officers have begun the "painstaking process of reviewing hundreds of hours of CCTV and body-worn video from Wembley Stadium and other key locations".
A statement from Met Police adds: “The meticulous investigation will continue to identify further people of interest or indeed other offences which may have occurred,” the statement added.
Those who believe they recognise anyone from the pictures are urged to contact the police.
Detective Sergeant Matt Simpson, from the Met’s Public Order Crime Team, said: “Following the scenes of disorder both at Wembley Stadium and in central London, we made a commitment that those responsible would face consequences.
Girl, 2, dies after being left in hot car for 7 hours after woman 'got distracted'
“Today’s action is being taken to help identify those who we think have questions to answer.
“If you know who they are, we urge you to get in touch as soon as possible.
“This investigation is in its very early stages and I am in no doubt that further appeals and arrests will follow.
“We also continue to support police action across the UK to identify those responsible for the racist and offensive comments posted on social media.”
Wanted woman caught after writing 'where's the reward money at?' on police post
The scenes that plagued the capital's streets on the day of the Euro 2020 final were hailed "a stain on our country's reputation" by former Met deputy assistant commissioner Andy Trotter.
Officers have faced criticism for their inability to prevent ticketless fans from storming the stadium gates.
It's estimated 2,500 footie fans barged their way into the stadium last Sunday in a bid to watch England play Italy.
300-tonne fatberg found under houses putting families through 'five months of hell'
Crowds of people were recorded trying to climb the outer stairwells ahead of the match, which saw England lose 3-2 in an agonising penalty shootout.
However, Met's deputy assistant commissioner, Jane Connors, says the match could have been abandoned altogether if they stepped in.
As of June 13, 897 football-related incidents and 264 arrests had been recorded across the UK in the 24-hour period surrounding the final, reports the United Kingdom Football Policing Unit.
The total number for the tournament stands at 2, 344 incidents and 630 arrests.
Anyone who can identify the people in the images being released is urged to call 101 or tweet @MetCC, quoting 7858/16JUL and providing the reference number on the relevant image.
Information can also be provided to Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
For the latest news and breaking stories from across the world, sign up to the Daily Star newsletter here.
Source: Read Full Article