Couple say this ‘raw’ chicken served at four-star hotel left one of them sick in bed for five days on £1,200 Jet2 holiday to Rhodes
- Jo Ferns took a picture showing the apparently undercooked chicken dish
- Her partner Darren Mciver, ate the chicken at the Lindos Sun Hotel, in Rhodes
- Just two days later Mr Mciver had a crippling bout of acute gastroenteritis
- The couple, from Wirral, Merseyside, paid £1,200 for break at the four star hotel
A couple claimed they were served raw chicken on a Jet2 holiday – which left one of them sick in bed for five days.
Jo Ferns took a photo showing the apparently undercooked chicken dish served at their hotel in Rhodes, in Greece.
Her partner, Darren Mciver, ate the chicken at the Lindos Sun Hotel two days earlier and blames it for a crippling bout of acute gastroenteritis.
The couple, from Wirral, Merseyside, paid £1,200 for their break at the four star hotel.
Jet2 say there is nothing to suggest food at the hotel caused illness.
Jo Ferns took a picture showing the apparently undercooked chicken dish (pictured) served at their hotel in Rhodes
Jet2 have denied the claims the food made Darren ill. The couple, from Wirral, Merseyside, paid £1,200 for their break at the four star hotel
Jo, 44, took to Jet2’s Facebook page to complain, writing: ‘I have no words for the response from Jet2 when I provided proof of the raw chicken served at our hotel and the doctor’s receipt after my partner was sick for 5 days!
‘One injection and four lots of prescribed medicine, plus not being able to leave the hotel for five days and not being able to eat after paying for a half board holiday.
‘So is this the type of food we should expect on holiday?’
Jo and Darren. The couple claim the supposed raw chicken left Mr Mciver with a crippling bout of acute gastroenteritis
An email back from a Jet2 representative told her: ‘Chicken can still appear pink after cooking and this doesn’t necessarily mean that it’s undercooked.
‘As long as the meat is cooked to the required temperature, it is safe to eat and wouldn’t make people unwell.’
More pictures show the doctor’s note which confirms how resident technician Darren was treated for acute gastroenteritis.
Speaking today, Jo said she will ‘never again’ go with Jet2..com after the way she has been treated.
She said: ‘I can’t prove it was the chicken that Darren ate on Thursday night that made him ill.
‘But his sister ate with us. My sister and I were fine and we didn’t have chicken so we thought it was that.
‘To be served chicken like that a day later just confirmed our suspicions, especially when I told the hotel the next morning after he had been violently sick.
‘How can they serve chicken like that 24 hours after being told?
She added: ‘I was just baffled by the response to the chicken, saying it may appear pink but if it’s the right temperature it’s safe.
‘They refuse point blank to accept any responsibility for Darren being ill and ‘hope we will use them again in the future ‘
‘So I was disgusted with them if I’m honest.’
Jet2.com have denied the claims the food made Darren ill.
A spokeswoman said: ‘The health and safety of our customers is extremely important to us and we are sorry to hear Mr Ferns was unwell.
‘Having explored the claim fully and after requesting certain additional information, there is no evidence to suggest the food served at the hotel was the cause of illness. There were also no other reports of sickness from other guests during Mr and Mrs Ferns’ stay.’
Source: Read Full Article