Prince Harry has written an emotional letter detailing his despair at not being to help the family of a fallen soldier after he was stripped of his military titles.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex lost their patronages following the couple's Megxit agreement last year, with Harry being stripped of his honorary military titles.
Harry, 37, served ten years in the Armed Forces including touring Afghanistan twice and rising to the rank of Captain.
The Sunday People reports the duke has now written to the family of Nathan Hunt, who are fighting to get their son's name on the national Armed Forces Memorial after he took his own life in 2018.
Although he was warrant officer when he passed away, defence bosses have said his name can't be added to the commemoration for fallen soldiers.
Harry told his parents Maria and Derek in a moving letter: "I deeply empathise with what your family is going through and so wish I could assist formally, had I been in the same role I once was."
The duke added: "Grief can be a long and burdensome road.
“Please know you and your family remain in my thoughts.”
The prince also served alongside Nathan with the Royal Engineers and told his mum and dad he will always remember the soldier as a hero.
He wished the grieving family well, adding that they all remain in his thoughts.
It's thought Harry is devastated over the loss of his military titles and agreed to him and Meghan taking part in the bombshell Oprah interview hours after he was told he would have to give them up.
A source claimed to The Sun: "There was a bust-up just before Oprah but it wasn’t to do with Archie’s title.
“That had been known and discussed for quite a while.
“Harry and Meghan were very cross before Oprah because the final Megxit separation had just been signed off which included Harry not keeping military roles.
“That was what made him so angry. He’s very emotional and his military roles were very important to him given that he served.”
Last month, the Duke wore his medals on a tuxedo at a gala with Meghan after not being allowed to wear his military uniform due to the palace ban.
He also proudly showed his cross for Knight Commander of Yoral Victorian Order around his neck.
For the latest breaking news from the Royal Family and stories from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.
Source: Read Full Article