THE millionaire owner of a string of restaurants loved by celebs including Bill Nighy has been found dead at her £1m home.
Sue Addis, 69, runs Brighton eateries Donatello and Pinnochio, which are also frequented by Premier League stars and Katie Price.
She was found dead at her cottage in Withdean at 6.55pm yesterday with a 17-year-old boy arrested on suspicion of murder.
Cops say Sue and the suspect are known to each other.
Sue opened Donatello with her husband Pietro, who she met while studying dance in London when she was 17, in 1967.
They run the 400-seater restaurant with their three sons Leo, Stefano and Mikele.
The family also own Pinnochio and Fat Leo in the city.
In 2004, the family's restaurant chain was named as one of the top 100 in the country and they have built an empire worth around £6million.
Sue has worked closely with Premier League club Brighton and Hove Albion FC and previously sponsored their shirts.
The family are also well-known in Brighton for their charity work as well as their restaurants.
On December 23, Sue helped deliver Christmas dinners to a local homeless centre with her granddaughter.
One local said: "She was a lovely woman. I couldn’t believe it when my neighbour told me what had happened.
"During the first lockdown, she offered to give free food to people in the sheltered housing block – it was a really kind gesture.
“She’d go there asking if the residents needed anything and was very helpful.
“It’s so sad. Her poor family. I can’t begin to imagine what they must be going through.”
Another added: "She did so much for the Brighton community over the years.
“She did a lot of charity work and Donatello sponsored Brighton during their struggles in the lower leagues.
“She’ll be sorely missed by so many people.”
Speaking about her success previously, Sue said: "We take such pride in The Lanes and, over all these years spending every day here, it has become our home from home.
"We hope to be here for many years to come. I now have my grandchildren working during holiday time and we have staff who have worked for us for over 20 years.
"To know we are responsible for employing those people and they are still here all that time later makes me very proud."
Police confirmed they are not currently looking for anyone else in relation to the horror and say there is no risk to the local community.
The investigation is being carried out by detectives from the Surrey and Sussex Major Crime Team.
A Sussex Police spokesperson said: "At 6.55pm police were called to a residential address in Cedars Gardens, Withdean, Brighton, where the woman was found deceased.
"The 17-year-old boy has been arrested on suspicion of murder and is currently in custody for interview and further enquiries.
"The boy and woman are known to each other.
"The investigation is at an early stage and no further information is available at present."
Source: Read Full Article