Royal Marine ‘kicked decapitated head’ of soldier and said ‘find more of them’

A Royal Marine sergeant urged his troops to find "more of these f***ers" as he kicked the decapitated head of an IRA soldier, according to an ex-SAS soldier.

Former SAS: Who Dares Wins star Ollie Ollerton, 50, was only 19 years old when he undertook his first tour of Northern Ireland in 1990, having joined the Royal Marine Commando's a year prior to that.

He had joined the Royal Marines after reading the back of a brochure where he saw a "bloke on the back of a windsurf".

Upon completing his training, he was stationed in Scotland before being deployed on his first tour of Northern Ireland in County Armagh.

Speaking to James English's Anything Goes podcast on YouTube, the 50-year-old explained how he quickly turned from "a boy to a man" when he saw his sergeant kick a helmet that had a decapitated head inside of it.

He said: "It was the first night we got there, straight to the checkpoint, there was smoke and crap everywhere. As a kid your eyes are massive just looking around.

To stay up to date with all the latest news, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here.

"And then the sergeant kicked something on the floor and said, 'we've got to see if we can find any more of these f***ers', I looked down and there was a head in the helmet.

"I was like f***ing hell. I'm not saying that's the most traumatic event in the world, but for me at that time that was like a boy to a man in a heartbeat.

"And that was the reality, there's no beach, there's no windsurfing here."

The former SAS: Who Dares Wins presenter went on to say how seeing something like that changes you subconsciously in a heartbeat, putting it down to "survival mode".

He added: "It's almost like this s**t is serious now, it's no longer a game, no longer going out with the lads on a Friday night and getting p****d".

This isn't the first time Ollerton has talked about a traumatic experience, revealing how he lost control of his bowels when raiders fired four AK47s as he was escorting 12 VIPs from Jordan to Iraq's capital of Baghdad in 2003.

The ex-Special Forces soldier-turned-bodyguard said he panicked when two cars started following his un-armoured four-vehicle convoy near militant-held Ramadi.

He explained that his fear came from the realisation that he didn't have the SAS to back him up with an "airstrike" or something similar, but that it was all down to him to get his group out of danger.

Source: Read Full Article