Tragedy as toddler, 2, dies after receiving electric shock from phone charger

A two-year-old girl has died after she received an electric shock from a mobile phone charger.

The tragic incident took place on Monday, August 23, and the toddler was rushed to hospital.

Sara Alves de Albuquerque was still alive when she arrived for treatment, but sadly, despite doctors desperately trying to save her, she later passed away.

Sara, from the municipality of Erere in the northeastern Brazilian State of Ceara, had been shocked in the afternoon by the device.

It's not yet known what make of phone was involved or whether it was a charger from a recognised brand, according to reports.

Police officers in the neighbouring municipality of Iracema will investigate the circumstances surrounding her tragic death.

A statement from the town hall of Erere, which has a population of around 6,840, expressed "profound grief" over the young tot's death.

A representative from the town hall wrote: "In this moment of deep pain, the municipal public administration expresses its solidarity with her family and friends, and expresses its most sincere condolences for this unspeakable loss."

  • Boy, 3, dies after drunken family member allegedly throws him from sixth-floor balcony

Social media users have expressed their condolences after hearing the news, with one writing: "Rest in peace, little Sara. You're a little angel with little wings now. Take care of your mummy from up there above, you hear?"

Another penned: "There are moments when we cannot find the words to externalise our feelings, above all when it's reported about a child. I wish them a lot of strength. May God comfort her parents', relatives' and friends' suffering hearts."

  • Two Brits and child of British national among dead in horror Kabul airport attack

The investigation into Sara's death is ongoing.

Brazil registered 355 deaths from electric shocks last year.

It comes after a toddler died following a tragic accident when she climbed into a pot of boiling water, in the village of Grygorivka in Ukraine.

Her parents, Darina and Ivan Gorov, took Lesya to unqualified traditional healers to treat her burns instead of a hospital.

She died from her injuries and her parents are now being investigated for murder when they chose herbal remedies.

Police said her burns took place after Mrs Gorov failed to secure the pan of boiling water being used to cook a chicken.

For the latest breaking news and stories from across the globe from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.

Source: Read Full Article